Attorney at Law, Florida
Attorney at Law
Lee & Lazzara, PLLC
3804 W. North B Street
Tampa, FL 33609
ADA and Civil Rights Discrimination
Insurance Coverage and Defense
The Florida Bar
Florida State Courts
US District Court, Southern District of Florida
US District Court, Middle District of Florida?
Bachelor of Arts, University of Miami, 2007
Juris Doctorate, St. Thomas School of Law, 2012
Licensed Florida Realtor, 2015
Community / Awards
• La Circolettera, The Italian Cultural Society (2016 – Present)
• Egypt Shrine, Noble (2015-Present), Fun and Frolic (2015-Present)
• Guardian Ad Litem Program: 13th Judicial Circuit, Hillsborough County
Certified Volunteer Guardian Ad Litem (2015-Present)
• Hillsborough Lodge No. 25: Free & Accepted Masons of Florida
• Camillus House Young Leaders (CHYL), Member (2013)
Board of Directors (2013)
• Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Miami, Big Brother (2012-2013)
• Lawyers to the Rescue, Volunteer (2011-2013)
Board of Directors (2012-2013)
• Lawyers to the Rescue 2012 Law Student of the Year
• When Drones Attack – Is Drone Negligence on the Horizon
American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
Tort Trial and Insurance Practice, Fall 2016 Newsletter
• How Proportionality Under New Rule 26 Narrows the Breadth
of Federal Tort Cases, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
Tort Trial and Insurance Practice
Summer 2016 Committee Newsletter
• The Importance of Physical Evidence in Tort Claims
American Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Division
Tort Trial and Insurance Practice
Winter 2016 Committee Newsletter
• Author of “In the Corner”, the legal blog of Lee & Lazzara, PLLC
• Author of “The Distance”, the monthly newsletter publication
of Lee & Lazzara, PLLC
• Author of “The Young Lawyer”, a legal blog of over 1,000 followers
Domenick Lazzara was born and raised in Tampa, Florida. A graduate of Tampa Preparatory High School, he moved to South Florida in 2003 to attend the University of Miami. In 2007 he graduated from the University of Miami with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Anthropology. Domenick received his Juris Doctor degree from St. Thomas University School of Law in 2012.
During law school, Domenick developed a passion for trial work. In his second year of law school, as a member of the St. Thomas University School of Law Trial Team, Domenick competed in four mock trial competitions and was named the Trial Team’s Most Improved Advocate. In his final year of law school, Domenick served as Trial Team President, was named to the Dean’s List both semesters, and clerked for a Board-Certified Civil Trial Attorney.
After graduating law school, Domenick was offered a full-time position at a prominent South Florida personal injury law firm. He successfully managed a demanding caseload of more than 50 plaintiff personal injury and medical malpractice claims against large defendants including Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Carnival Cruise Lines, and Winn-Dixie.
While in South Florida, Domenick’s dedication to law school and his personal injury practice was equaled by his devotion to civic service. In his second year of law school, Domenick began an internship with Lawyers to the Rescue. He worked with individuals at a legal clinic for the homeless and mentored law students in their journey to become full-fledged volunteers. He was recognized for his outstanding work by receiving the award for “Law Student of the Year” at its Annual Public Service Awards Ceremony. Domenick was then offered a position and subsequently sat on the board of directors for Lawyers to the Rescue. While in Miami, Domenick was also a member of Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Greater Miami, served as a Big Brother, and sat on the board of the Camillus House Young Leaders Organization, or CHYL, an organization designed to encourage young professionals to give back.
In 2013, after ten years living and working in South Florida, Domenick moved back to his hometown community of South Tampa. He worked as an associate attorney for a mid-size civil litigation firm in downtown Tampa, representing clients in lawsuits involving a wide array of practice areas including personal injury, commercial litigation, and insurance defense. Domenick successfully represented the firm’s clients against the best companies and law firms in America, such as The Walt Disney Company, represented by Kaye Scholer, LLP, and ACE Westchester, represented by Sedgwick, LLP.
In 2015, Domenick joined forces with Haksoo Stephen Lee and Thomas Baker to form Lee & Lazzara, PLLC. Domenick’s practice continues to focus on general civil litigation, with an emphasis on personal injury and professional malpractice. Domenick also represents a number of small businesses throughout the Tampa Bay Community, assisting with business development and intellectual property protection. An active litigator, Domenick represents a myriad of clients in Hillsborough and Pinellas County State Court, as well as the Middle District of Florida. Lastly, Domenick is the Firm’s Marketing Director, regularly attending events on behalf of the Firm at the University of Tampa, the Tampa Chamber of Commerce Emerge, and local and national bar associations. Domenick publishes the Firm’s blog, “In the Corner”, the Firm’s monthly newsletter, “The Distance”, and manages the Firm’s social media platforms.
Domenick is extremely active in national and local bar organizations. In 2015, he served as a Vice-Chair and Content Editor for the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (TIPS) for the American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division. In 2016, Domenick accepted positions as the Co-Chair and Senior Content Editor for TIPS for the American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division. Domenick is published in a number of ABA publications, and speaks on behalf of the ABA at National Conferences and local law schools. Domenick is also active in the Hillsborough County Bar Association, and sits on the boards for the Pro Bono, Community Service, Youth Services, and Events Committees of the Young Lawyers Division. Once a month, Domenick volunteers with Ask-a-Lawyer, and has been featured on Fox 13 for his service. Lastly, Domenick, along with Thomas Baker and Ronald Christaldi of Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP, organizes events for the Tampa Chapter of the National Italian American Bar Association.
Domenick continues to supplement his practice and bar activities with a strong commitment to civic service. He joined Hillsborough Lodge No. 25 in 2014, and became a member of Egypt Shrine, dividing his time between Shrine and Fun ‘N Frolic activities, with a singular goal in mind: raising money for Shriner’s Hospitals for Children. Domenick is a Shrine Clown, attending events monthly as “Lil’ Bit”, an Auguste–Themed Clown, donning purple shorts and a top hat. Outside of Lodge activities, Domenick volunteers his time with the 13th Judicial Circuit as a Certified Volunteer Guardian ad Litem and devotes a large part of his practice to pro bono work.
In his free time, Domenick enjoys writing, and is the author of his own legal blog entitled “The Young Lawyer.” He is a member of South Tampa Fellowship and a leader in the College Ministry entitled “The City.” An avid fitness enthusiast, Domenick completed his first full marathon in February 2013 and regularly runs between 15 and 20 miles per week. Domenick also enjoys the gym, reading, cooking, and spending time with his family and friends.
Domenick has been a member of the Florida Bar since 2013 and is admitted to the Middle and Southern District of Florida.
Learn more about Domenick Lazzara by following his blog.
• Egypt Shrine, Legal Committee, Member (2016 – Present)
• Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Pro Bono Committee, Member (2016–2017)
• Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Youth Projects Committee, Member (2016–2017)
• Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Community Services Committee Member (2016-2017)
• Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Events Committee Member (2016-2017)
• Hillsborough County Bar Association (2015-Present)
• American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Vice-Chair, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Committee (2015-2016)
• American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Content Editor, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Committee (2015-2016)
• American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Co-Chair, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Committee (2016-2017)
• American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Senior Content Editor, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Committee (2016-2017)
• American Bar Association (2014-Present)
• National Italian American Bar Association (2014-Present)
• Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Emerge, Member (2015 – Present)
• “30 Tips in 30 Minutes”, In conjunction with the American Bar Association and Cooley Law School, 2016, Tampa, Florida
• “The Misguided Young Lawyer”, National Italian American Bar Association, 2015 Winter Conference, Naples, Florida